Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 5695

Form 5695

It worked for me early today  

Form 5695

@Rreeves wrote:

Form was still not ready as of this morning, sad deal, I just ate th $31 credit and submitted my taxes. Got tired of waiting... Might be using H&R Black next year.

The Form 5695 for tax year 2023 was updated early on 02/08.  If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions you need to click on Online and then on Check for Updates to update your software.

Form 5695

I am using the Mac Desktop version. What cookies are you talking about? How can I fill in the address of the house to associate the heat pump rebate?

MJ92
Level 1

Form 5695

They were supposed to send out an email to notify us

eszylle
Returning Member

Form 5695

My return was rejected and it says I didn't fill out Form 5695 correctly, but I did. Is anyone else having this issue? 

Form 5695

Received notice taxes filed and complete 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Form 5695

You can check the Instructions for Form 5695 to make sure you have entered your information correctly. To revisit that section: 

1. Open or continue your return
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for this exact phrase including the comma and spaces: 5695, residential energy credit
  3. Select the Jump to link in your search results
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 5695

Yes!😡 I got the same thing a couple hours ago. It was my address for the improvements that were done.  I also know for a fact that I included it.  It was  not that easy to navigate to the problem to fix either.  I’m so disappointed with TT this year. I won’t be using it next year. 

Form 5695

Yep, same here.....I did fill out the form correctly (shows my State was missing?).  * Side note:  not sure why I was able to proceed without the state being there but ???.  

Form 5695

The issue is even after running the “check for errors” in the TT program, it  comes back rejected for missing information. 

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Form 5695

This experience may be resolved by using the information below.

In forms mode, you can click Yes to de-select it so that there is no answer at all for this section that is not applicable. 

In interview or Step-by-Step mode, the experience I found is to answer Yes, I have Residential Energy Property Expenditures, then No the home is not in the U.S. which then causes 21a to be checked No and the IRS won't reject for the empty line 21a.

Review your answers for the following:

• 21a and 21b should not be selected (either Yes or No) because there were not any Residential Energy Property Expenditures. The IRS Rule is that if 21a is yes, then 21c must have the address.

Please update here if you need further assistance. 

@lb3645 

@Ib3645

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
eszylle
Returning Member

Form 5695

I don't see the option for "Forms mode". How do I do that?

Form 5695

@eszylle wrote:

I don't see the option for "Forms mode". How do I do that?

Forms mode is only available when using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions.

eszylle
Returning Member

Form 5695

But the house IS in the US.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies