Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Form 5695

Please use the link provided to sign up for a notification.

@Paul154 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dritchie4
Returning Member

Form 5695

I filed my tax return but it excluded my energy credits. Please advise. 

Form 5695

@dritchie4 wrote:

I filed my tax return but it excluded my energy credits. Please advise. 

If you intentionally filed the 2023 tax return without trying to enter any Energy Credits then you can amend the return that was filed.

You will have to wait for the IRS to either Accept or Reject your filed federal tax return.
If the return is rejected you can make the necessary changes and e-file again.
If the return is accepted you will have to amend your original tax return. An amended return, Form 1040-X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS if the original tax return was not e-filed. The IRS will take up to 20 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.

Before starting to amend the tax return, wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes due to be paid and processed by the IRS.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-change-correct-return-a...

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Form 5695

Please clarify your question.

• Did you post the information, and have TurboTax indicate weather or not you should get the credit.
  • Which energy credit was it?
  • What were the details entered for the credit (What item and cost?).

Please contact us again and provide some additional details.

@dritchie4 

dritchie4
Returning Member

Form 5695

When I filed my tax return the energy credits were there. Then when I went back to check a week later they were excluded. TurboTax has said the form 5695 is not available yet. Any idea when it will be available?

Form 5695

@dritchie4 wrote:

When I filed my tax return the energy credits were there. Then when I went back to check a week later they were excluded. TurboTax has said the form 5695 is not available yet. Any idea when it will be available?

The Form 5695 Residential Energy Credits for tax year 2023 was made available for the TurboTax online editions and the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions on 02/08/2024.

If you are using the desktop editions you have to update your software to the latest release.

Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen, click on Check for Updates

dritchie4
Returning Member

Form 5695

Nope, it was not made available on the online version.

Form 5695

@dritchie4 wrote:

Nope, it was not made available on the online version.

I used the TurboTax online editions to check the status of the Form 5695 on 02/08 since I knew it was updated on my TurboTax desktop Premier edition.  The updated Form 5695 for tax year 2023 was available and is available using the online editions.

Form 5695

when will this form 5695 be available in the turbo tax disc? I was trying to do IRS form, but I'm having trouble understanding what they want. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Form 5695

The form is currently being updated.   Use this link to sign up for notifications for Form 5695.   Sign up for Form 5695 notifications.    @LisaMcleran 

Form 5695

I just got off the phone with TT and was told the form will not be fixed until 3/4/24. So every week the delay the fix will be in next week. I can understand some delays but I cannot at all understand why they don't communicate the problem when you go to enter the Energy Credit information. Last year I'll be using TT.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies