Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 5695

Cant complete taxes without this form. Do I have to mail the paperwork in because filing online clearly have a glitch no one want to address.Cant complete taxes without this form. Do I have to mail the paperwork in because filing online clearly have a glitch no one want to address.

Form 5695

It couldn't have been that many changes to the form for the delay to be happening during tax filing season. The deadline is April and it is now February. I hope they don't plan on penalizing anyone if they wait until the last minute or even after the deadline to finish whatever they are doing to the form.

Form 5695

Maybe another platform has the form ready or even going to a person at a tax office to file the paperwork.  Might get better results. Just print off what I already done add the one form and send it all in by mail. Might take longer but at least it will be filed by the postmark date of the Certified letter. 

Form 5695

I would like to know if other companies have this same issue???  As a long time TT user, my  confidence and loyalty has dropped down to 0. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 5695

This is scheduled to be fixed with the February 7 update. The updates generally happen at night. It should be available February 8.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 5695

I have to assume you've a refund, or why hurry.

But, mailed-in refunds take SIGNIFICANTLY longer.

Maybe not as long as it'll take TT to add their finishing touches to 5695

Form 5695

This is a big fail.  Claiming a large credit often results in a flip from owing to refund. AT A MINIMUM TT should put a note on the form (not just "Do Not File") advising when it will be available.  And also should update software the moment it receives a fileable version from IRS. 

Form 5695

And if it's just the instructions, well, screw the instructions.  Thats what TT is for!

Form 5695

I see the delay on this form was pushed to 2/7/24.  As of today (2/7/24) it's still not available!  What is the hold up - it's been released by the IRS.

Form 5695

@ lb3645 wrote:

I see the delay on this form was pushed to 2/7/24.  As of today (2/7/24) it's still not available!  What is the hold up - it's been released by the IRS.

While the programming of the form may be ready today, the program may not actually push the update until the end of the day or even overnight when TurboTax does its routine weekly updates, usually early Thursday AM, assuming the delay is not further extended.   You can use this table to check on it.  A green checkmark will appear in the table next to the form once available.

Forms Availability Table

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

Form 5695

Updates are still being applied to the software. We recommend updating or logging back into your software tomorrow and then proceeding with filing your tax return.

Form 5695

It appears the form has been updated for 2023 with the latest update.
Best of luck with your tax filing, everyone.

Form 5695

[This is for Mac Desktop Version] The form was updated but it has a bug which doesn't allow me to enter the residence address associated with the heat pump installation. The form has to be fixed. It either crashes or leaves the address blank. There is no visible field to actually type it in. (on Mac Desktop)Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 8.29.01 AM.png

Form 5695

It worked on my return!   

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Form 5695

Since Form 5695 is now in production, try clearing your cache and deleting your cookies.  This should allow you to proceed.

See the TurboTax Help articles How to clear your cache and How do I delete cookies? for guidance.

@lex-k 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies