turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did i do something wrong? It says my aunt will not get any property refund... What could cauase this...

Before I spend $80, ju8st wanted to see if anyone had ideas....
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Did i do something wrong? It says my aunt will not get any property refund... What could cauase this...

Are you talking about a property "tax" refund? If so, what state taxes are you dealing with? You forgot to tell us, and there's only a 1 in 50 chance we'll guess it right the first time. 🙂

Oops... Minnesota

Minnesota
Property Tax Statement Worksheet"

2021 Property Tax Statement
STATE COPY

This form has been approved by the Minnesota Department of Revenue for use when filing for the State of Minnesota M-1PR Property Tax Refund. Read information below on eligibility. File by August 15, 2021.

I'm using the right form, yes?

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, you can prepare the M1PR with TurboTax. For full instructions see Can I file my M1PR (Minnesota Property Tax Refund) through TurboTax?

To qualify the Owner income must be less than $116,180 to qualify for a credit up to $2,840

To add it to your return:

1. Click on the State Taxes tab across the top.
  2. Continue to the Status of your state returns screen, then continue/edit/revisit the Minnesota state return (or begin and prepare if you've not already done so)
  3. Get to the Let's Check for Minnesota Nontaxable Income screen, then select Yes, I want to see if I qualify for these tax benefits.
  4. Click continue/done/no many times (unless you actually want to revisit/prepare another section) until you arrive at the Other Forms You May Need screen. Confirm the Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR) box is checked, then continue.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lmv
Returning Member

TT also stated I would not receive a MN property tax refund.  This has NEVER happened.  I went to Online Services (state.mn.us) and filed there and will get a $1201 refund.  I went back to the forms in TT and most of the information in M1PR was blank.  TT never asked to enter any property tax info.  

After filling out the form in TT it said refund of $1177.  

WTH TurboTax, fix this!!

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

In the MN state interview you will arrive at a page titled "Other forms you may need" at the end of the interview after the summary and after the question about estimated taxes.  There you would select the "Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR)" box to open the form and enter your property tax information.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies