Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

litham

Can you explain why I keep getting this: Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Wks: Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code: 7-532-468?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

37 Replies

Can you explain why I keep getting this: Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Wks: Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code: 7-532-468?

There is still updating being done in this module. Please try back closer to the acceptance date of February 12th.

litham

Still not fixed as of February 11.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax customers are experiencing an issue with their home mortgage average balance. This can cause the home mortgage interest to be incorrectly limited.  This may be affecting your tax return.

Please sign up for email notifications when an update related to this issue is available.

See this TurboTax Help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, how do I register for an e-mail notification to be notified when this issue is resolved? Thank you.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax customers are experiencing the following error message when running the Federal Error Check 

Check This Entry: Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet: Limited Interest and Points must be entered

If you're experiencing  the error above,  please go here to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Feb. 15, 2021

I am still getting this same error.  I have redone it several times and still the same error. Your tax experts had me redo the whole return twice and still getting the same error. Please, will this be fixed or is there a manual way to fix this. Getting frustrated, have a time-limited loan that needs to be repaid for solar. Should I try another company if this is not close to being fixed??

The issue has been submitted and is currently under investigation.  Unfortunately, the error seems to be persistent.   Please click on the link below and sign up for an email notification when it's fixed.  However in the meantime, since you need this resolved expediently, TurboTax does have an option where we can prepare the return for you, if you choose, as well.  

Home Mortgage interest being limited

When will this error be fixed?!? I’m on the phone with an agent now that can’t help me, no tax expert available for 10 days & I have deleted and reentered all of my information twice in the last two days (advice from your agents) and they still can’t help me!!!! 

baezmc

The problem will not clear with the recommendation provided. Do you have an anticipated time to get this corrected?

icabod4

Yes we are getting it too...person on the phone had no clue. to get someone to do the taxes for you is not free so how is that more helpful???

icabod4

Renee,

The link you have does not give you somewhere to sign up for email notification. It says the problem is resolved which it is not. Is it added cost to have someone do it? Does look like even more money and how do we know that it will be done correctly when no one seems to know what is going on...Used turbo tax for 10 years and this may be the last. 

JY221

Hello, I was just reading through the thread and am confused if Turbo tax thinks this issue is resolved.  It's 2/21/21 and I'm still getting the same reference code 7-532-468 when I try and file. When I click on the link from Turbo Tax it says the issue was resolved a week ago.  Do I need to clear and reenter now that it's "resolved". Please let me know I spoke with a tax expert a few weeks ago who could not offer any useful advise. 

I ended up with someone super helpful at Turbo Tax and we fixed it on my end. If you have multiple 1098 forms (refinanced), you need to make sure you combine them and only enter one for each property if the loan is over $375,000. There are instructions that don’t stick out very clearly on TT, but there is a link at the top when it’s asking questions about your 1098 and if you click the link explains it super clearly. For example....I have a first & second home. We had a HELOC on each, then refinanced each in 2020 and each bank sold the mortgages. I originally put in all 7 of my 1098s separately and got the errors. When I changed it and only put in each HELOC & combined the others, I then only had 2 HELOC entities and 1 entry for each home. It completely fixed the error! 

thrumsey

This is not resolved and it's the only remaining error I have before I can file.  Is there a solution?  How do I address it?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies