turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Price increase 2020

I received a notice of a price increase taking place next Sunday, but I've already paid for the software through Amazon. I haven't filed my taxes yet; will I still be subject to a price increase after Feb 29?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Price increase 2020

If you purchased your desktop software already, then you are not subject to a price increase--except for one thing---if you are using desktop software there is a fee to e-file a state return--that fee will increase from $19.99 to $24.99.  You can avoid the state e-file fee altogether by printing, signing and mailing in your state return instead of e-filing the state.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Price increase 2020

I'm not allowed to mail my returns. Since I can't finish taxes before price increase can I prepay state return efile?

Price increase 2020

I won't have all my tax info before the price goes up.  Can I prepay.  Bad deal from Intuit to increase cost before file deadline.

Price increase 2020

@daleygrace8473 wrote:

I won't have all my tax info before the price goes up.  Can I prepay.  Bad deal from Intuit to increase cost before file deadline.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2019 return at this time, click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return. On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now. The next screen will show a review of your Fees, click on Continue. Complete the next screen to pay by credit card and click Continue.

ggibas45
Returning Member

Price increase 2020

From the email I received it implied that the price increase was for the online version of TurboTax.  Does anyone know if the download or CD version will also have a price increase?  I'm not sure that I'm ready to use the online version yet because of privacy concerns.

Price increase 2020

@ggibas45 wrote:

From the email I received it implied that the price increase was for the online version of TurboTax.  Does anyone know if the download or CD version will also have a price increase?  I'm not sure that I'm ready to use the online version yet because of privacy concerns.

It also includes CD/Download - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

Price increase 2020

Technically is it not a price increase so much as the early bird discount goes away although it is the same result, and in the past you can pre pay for the program now to lock in the price ... do this in the FILE tab step 1. 

And if you are required to efile a state (NY is the only one I know of right now) there is never an efiling fee for NY. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies