Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stephanie

Need to do Form 8958 due to divorce in community property state. Can't get to form in TurboTax. Can I "unhide" it? Entering (negative) value in state form gives error.

Can enter an adjustment directly in state section, but when trying to Review the tax file, it produces error "Form 1: Line 4 - Other additions shouldn't be less than 0."

Upgraded to desktop version. When I search for 8958 now it does produce a result that says I can jump to this form. However, selecting this takes me back to the federal review section and thus the error listed above. 

I'm presuming that if I could get the form to show and do this the long/correct way, then it will just populate.

I'm also not sure if the answer is just that I can only enter amounts that INCREASE the wages, not decreases.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Anita01

Need to do Form 8958 due to divorce in community property state. Can't get to form in TurboTax. Can I "unhide" it? Entering (negative) value in state form gives error.

If you click on the Forms icon, you should see this form in the list on the left and should be able to open it by clicking on it. If not, click open form just above the list of forms, then enter 8958 in the field that opens to enter the form name or number

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies