kingjeff313

My daughter turns 17 on December 30th this year. Will I still be able to get the child tax credit for her?

I know the law is she has to be under 17 on the 31st of the year. But she was 16 the entire year except one day. Also with the new tax bill will I get any deductions or refunds for her?

No credit.  

You also got the credit in the year she was born even though she was only alive 2 days, so it balances out.  

No credit.  

No.  You will not get the child tax credit for your daughter who will turn 17 in 2017.  There are not any exceptions.  Remember that in the year she was born, you got that CTC even though she had only been here for 2 days.  So it evens out.  She can still be claimed as your dependent for 2017, and you get the personal exemption of $4050 for her, which lowers the amount  of income you are taxed on.  Under the new tax law, (next year) you lose the personal exemption for a dependent.

Zbucklyo

Under the new tax law, if she remains your adult dependent in 2018, you will be potentially eligible for a $500 tax credit for her.

on your 2018 tax return (not 2017).