nursesmith2016

My car is in my dad's name but I paid all the expenses? Should I say I own the car?

Phillip1

Unfortunately when it comes to claiming expenses associated with an asset like a car, the IRS does require you to be a title holder to qualify for the expenses. Since your father is on the title, you do not qualify to claim the expenses.

nursesmith2016

So all the money I spent on gas, oil, tires, repairs and etc etc I cannot claim??

You normally can't claim that anyway.  Are you self employed?
nursesmith2016

No but I had a car I used primarily for work. I thought that meant I could claim the work-related expenses