turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ive already filed but I do not recovery rebate credit for the stimulus

I've already filed my 2020 taxes with TurboTax on Jan 16, 2021. I dont believe I was asked about the Recovery Rebate Credit. I was not eligible for the first round of stimulus because I mistakenly let somebody file me as a dependent in 2019. I believe I should be eligible for the stimulus in 2021 because I filed my own 2020 taxes with my child as my dependent but I did not receive the stimulus the past January. My main question is whether or not TurboTax had me complete the Recovery Rebate Credit when I completed my 2020 taxes. I do not remember being asked anything about the stimulus amo

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

The stimulus questions are asked as part of the "Federal Review" in TurboTax.  The questions are automatically generated for everyone.  You can check your copy of your return for the Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of Form 1040. 

For you and one qualifying dependent child age 16 or under, the eligibility amount would be:

Round one:  $1200 plus $500  total $1700

Round two:  $600 plus $600 total $1200

Total: $2900

If you did not receive any payments, then that is the amount you should find on line 30.

If you received any payments, the amount on line 30 would be reduced by those payments, but no less than zero.

Here is a link with more information on the Recovery Rebate Credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

The stimulus questions are asked as part of the "Federal Review" in TurboTax.  The questions are automatically generated for everyone.  You can check your copy of your return for the Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of Form 1040. 

For you and one qualifying dependent child age 16 or under, the eligibility amount would be:

Round one:  $1200 plus $500  total $1700

Round two:  $600 plus $600 total $1200

Total: $2900

If you did not receive any payments, then that is the amount you should find on line 30.

If you received any payments, the amount on line 30 would be reduced by those payments, but no less than zero.

Here is a link with more information on the Recovery Rebate Credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies