Solved: If you are receiving Social Security benefits, the... - Community

Can I claim my insurance premiums (medical & dental for self & spouse - retiree benefit, and medicare) as medical expenses (I also earn 1099 income as a consultant) ?

Retiree medical/dental for me, secondary to Medicare, and for spouse, primary.

If you are receiving Social Security benefits, the Medicare premiums that have been deducted from your Social Security are already on your SSA1099. When you enter the SSA1099, those amounts flow to the medical expense section. Do not enter those a second time.

Yes, you can deduct the medical insurance premiums for yourself and your wife as a business expense if you have income as a consultant/independent contractor,  You will enter them in the Business expense section of TurboTax.