turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099 Misc flood damage monies -- how to enter so I am not paying taxes on the money as it is NOT income....rather cost to cure

The 1099 Misc came from the county not an insurance company to pay for a replacement bridge because county changed my access road.   I know where 1099 Misc income gets entered but no place to explain or deduct out the cost to cure
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IuliiaK
Intuit Alumni

1099 Misc flood damage monies -- how to enter so I am not paying taxes on the money as it is NOT income....rather cost to cure

If the proceeds were given solely to compensate you for property damage,  that is not taxable income and you will enter the amount on line 21 of your return and then take it out as a negative to show the IRS. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IuliiaK
Intuit Alumni

If the proceeds were given solely to compensate you for property damage,  that is not taxable income and you will enter the amount on line 21 of your return and then take it out as a negative to show the IRS. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies