Solved: If the deferred interest is included on your 1098 ...

kendria-macon

Can I deduct the deferred mortgage interest added to my principal balance, and the payments applied to previously deferred interest?

The bank restructured my mortgage in 2015, as I could not make a payment for some time because I was unemployed

SusanH

If the deferred interest is included on your 1098 or your refinance/restructure documents and was paid during 2015, you may deduct it. If the deferred interest was rolled in to the backside of your loan and not paid, you cannot deduct it.

How to report mortgage interest 

• Go to Federal Taxes (Personal if using Home & Business)
  • Go to Deductions and Credits & click “I’ll choose what I work on”
  • Click Start across from Mortgage Interest and Refinancing in the Your Home section

PatriciaV

Have you received Form 1098 for Mortgage Interest paid in 2015?
dvendler

No advertising allowed
SusanH

How to report mortgage interest