turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I am not a licensed daycare what deductions can I take?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You are posting from TurboTax Live.  You can arrange for the Live help you are paying the extra fee for with your questions from  5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday - Friday.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Basically, it depends on the law in your specific state. Most states require providers to register and undergo criminal background checks, training, and subject to random state inspections.

As all income is subject to taxes you may have to declare the income in your taxes and take all necessary and incidental expenses in running the business. One of the main problems you may run into is taking the home office deduction. IRS rule may not allow you to take the deduction for business use of a home. Finally, you may want to follow up with the rules in your state to make sure you are not running afoul of the law.

For further information please check out the following article about Home Office Deduction

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies