turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jewheaton63
Returning Member

I spent hours putting in my 2018 deductions into It's Deductible so I could finish my 2018 return today. All those deductions are gone. What do I do now??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I spent hours putting in my 2018 deductions into It's Deductible so I could finish my 2018 return today. All those deductions are gone. What do I do now??

First try logging into this website :  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/itsdeductible/

Then make sure you are in the correct account : 

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

Last : clear your cookies and/or switch browsers.  

jewheaton63
Returning Member

I switched browsers, cleared cache and cookies. and ran the recovery tool.  My account is fine, although I went ahead and updated my password at the suggestion of Turbo Tax.  When I ask "help" how to upload my It's deductible donations, the instructions given are:

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax. Not sure you're in there? Select Take me to my return.
  2. Search for donations in the upper-right menu bar.
  3. Select the Jump to link at the top of the search results.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you make any donations to charity? 
  5. On the next screen, answer Yes to Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?.

First problem is #2 - There is not an upper-right menu bar with an option to search for donations.  #3 - I can't jump to any link because there isn't one, and #5 - TurboTax Deluxe doesn't ask me if I have an account with ItsDeductible Online.  

Can you help with this part of the problem??

jewheaton63
Returning Member

Additionally - I spent almost 7 hours tonight putting all my donations back into ItsDeductible.  I've NEVER had an issue with TurboTax or ItsDeductible.  What am I doing wrong??

Sorry you're having so much trouble.  I'm sure that's frustrating.

Missing donations in ItsDeductible is nearly always due to multiple accounts, and less commonly a browser issue.    If the recovery tool didn't find it, there is an additional "try something else" method we could have told you about that uses another way to look up accounts that uses your SSN and other identifying questions.  Or TurboTax Support can help check for a missing account.

In any case, if you re-entered everything and are ready to import, the "Jump to" links are unfortunately not working for a lot of folks, and I've complained about it before to TurboTax.  

I assume you are using Online Deluxe as opposed to desktop software.   If so, here is another way to import from ItsDeductible into Online TurboTax:

• With the return open, click in the left menu column on Tax Tools, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window click the blue button Topic Search. 
  • Enter the word itsdeductible (one word) without quotes, highlight the selection, and click GO.
  • Next screen asks:   "Did you make any donations to charity in 2018?"
  • When you say "yes", the next screen is:  "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"
  • Say "yes" and continue the interview.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies