zoeysmom88

I regained legal custody of my daughter in June 2018 but resided an additional month only because I had issues getting her into daycare. The caregiver was family though, and I could have picked Zoey u

Am I eligible for the Child Tax Credit since I had custody of her for over 6 months?

Spino

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/family/rules-for-claiming-a-dependent-on-your-tax-return/L8LODb...

Very possibly you are eligible. The main thing is that only one person (one tax return) can claim her. It doesn't sound like anyone else would be eligible to do that from your description and that you are eligible. A child living away from home is still an eligible dependent when you read the fine print. The IRS, of course, has a whole pamphlet on this, but if you can answer the TurboTax questions, they've been carefully phrased to guide you in the right direction.

Spino