turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I moved to WV from MD in 2017. I receive Long Term disability from my companies health care provider. I just found out that my LTD was still being taxed in MD.

do i report that I made money in MD?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

I moved to WV from MD in 2017. I receive Long Term disability from my companies health care provider. I just found out that my LTD was still being taxed in MD.

You if you were a part year resident in Maryland (MD) while receiving your LTD. In this case you will file both states as part year residents.  Then you will include the payments your received while residing in Maryland (MD) on that state return and the payments you received during your residency period in West Virginia (WV) on that state return. 

To allow TurboTax to help accurately report the income on each return, be sure you completed the "My Info" section of the return correctly.

• Select "My Info" in the black navigation bar on the left > Scroll to Other State Income
  • Select the pencil to edit the information and include the other state
  • Click the screenshots attached to enlarge and view for assistance

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DianeW
Expert Alumni

You if you were a part year resident in Maryland (MD) while receiving your LTD. In this case you will file both states as part year residents.  Then you will include the payments your received while residing in Maryland (MD) on that state return and the payments you received during your residency period in West Virginia (WV) on that state return. 

To allow TurboTax to help accurately report the income on each return, be sure you completed the "My Info" section of the return correctly.

• Select "My Info" in the black navigation bar on the left > Scroll to Other State Income
  • Select the pencil to edit the information and include the other state
  • Click the screenshots attached to enlarge and view for assistance
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies