Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

You if you were a part year resident in Maryland (MD) while receiving your LTD. In this case you will file both states as part year residents.  Then you will include the payments your received while residing in Maryland (MD) on that state return and the payments you received during your residency period in West Virginia (WV) on that state return. 

To allow TurboTax to help accurately report the income on each return, be sure you completed the "My Info" section of the return correctly.

  • Select "My Info" in the black navigation bar on the left > Scroll to Other State Income
  • Select the pencil to edit the information and include the other state
  • Click the screenshots attached to enlarge and view for assistance

View solution in original post