turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mtmcgraw

I keep getting the following message when attempting to download charitable deductions from It's Deductible: Unable to connect to Turbo Tax Cloud for sign in. Please check your internet connection and try again. I can't sign in while in Turbo Tax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I keep getting the following message when attempting to download charitable deductions from It's Deductible: Unable to connect to Turbo Tax Cloud for sign in. Please check your internet connection and try again. I can't sign in while in Turbo Tax.

Use the Chrome browser

Go to settings, privacy and security, clear browser data, and clear browser data for all time.

Then go to the three dots at the top of Chrome and select new incognito window

Use the incognito window to log in to TurboTax

That should eliminate the security conflict that is preventing you from using ItsDeductible with TurboTAx.

I just did exactly what the the reply said to do and still can't access It's Deductible from within Turbo Tax

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Yes. There is an issue with the contributions deduction and TurboTax is working to fix it.  We do not have an estimated date of correction, at this time.  I suggest you check back often to see if the correction has been made.

There is a problem with the Contributions section of the Itemized deductions and also the above the line $300.00 deduction.  Because of the many changes due to the CARES Act, IRS is still developing the forms and publications on this issue.  Last update was January 13th where everything is still in draft.  Once IRS finalizes the forms, we will be able to update TurboTax to accurately reflect your Contributions deduction.

There have been many issues with the new version of It's Deductible.  

If you want to get back to the classic version of It's Deductible to make entries, 

Click this link: https://itsdeductibleonline.intuit.com/Logout.htm

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1. Quit your TurboTax Mac application.
  2. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities directory and launch the Keychain Access application. Type intuit id in the search box located at top right corner.
  3. If you notice any search results for Intuit ID and Kind as application password, delete them.
  4. In Finder, select the Go menu at top and then select Go to Folder.... Type ~/Library/Application Support and select Go. Select the TurboTax * 20XX directory and delete AuthorizationClientContext.plist, if present.
  5. Restart your computer and try importing again from ItsDeductible in TurboTax.

I saw this on another question about It'sDeductible not being able to connect. It wouldn't work with TurboTax 2021. I followed this advice and it worked for me. I had to sign in again on It'sDeductible, but once I did that, it worked. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies