Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SB072679

My turbotax screen goes blank when I try to update property tax section for 2018.

I have used the same laptop that last 3 years, it is not a setting issue on the laptop.  is there a glitch in the software this year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

My turbotax screen goes blank when I try to update property tax section for 2018.

Yeah..there is an error report in on that

.....hard to know when it will get fixed..but a software update will be required when it does get fixed.  Check on Thurs and Friday mornings.

may be part of this one...use the Sign-up.  You may not get the restart..but it's probably the same thing.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4596362-turbotax-desktop-blank-screens-in-deductions-and-credits-c...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
mrr360

I'm having the same issue with Vehicle Registration and Tax Prep Fees. Need to get my Taxes done, where are you at with the fix?

"We" are other  Users.....so the programming staff does not communicate with us.  
We find the containment FAQs and let people know about them...but beyond that, we find out about the same time that you do.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
SB072679

mrr360....I uninstalled all McAfee virus and web protection and now the screen works fine.  I read about this fix on another post and figured I would give it a try....good luck

sb072679  you did not have any issues by not having the virus protection? That just sounds risky while doing taxes. Were you able to reinstall after filing your taxes? Just want to be sure before I try it myself. Thanks for the possible fix

1)...he may have had another virus software set running.
2)  One other thing to try instead of uninstalling.  Some people may have their virus checker set at it's highest setting.  I don't know where they would be for you, but check your virus scanner setting to see if you can reduce it to a lower level somewhere in it  first. and then see what happens.
SB072679

The McAfee was a free trail that loaded when I reinstalled Windows 10 a few weeks back.  I still have the basic Windows anti virus turned on but did not intend to pay for McAfee so i just removed it.  Maybe it was just a setting that needed to be modified but uninstalling it definitely worked.  We don't use the laptop much in my house so I am not terribly worried about not having a 3rd party anti virus software
bkinouye

I am seeing this same problem where the screen comes up blank after selecting update in the Property Tax section.  I have R20 installed which was released on March 6.

IF you see an entirely blank page...no boxes at all......shut down and try the following:

…..Try this solution:...…... Right click TurboTax 2018 icon … properties … compatibility … run as administrator.
The issue could be that you are not running as an Administrator capable user in the first place....don't even know if you can save that file if you do not have administrator permission while running TTX.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies