Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am an international student on f1 visa. How do i file my taxes? And I want to file late tax for the past two years from 2017, how do I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

I am an international student on f1 visa. How do i file my taxes? And I want to file late tax for the past two years from 2017, how do I do that?

when did you enter the country with F-1?  which country are you from?  is your F-1 still valid  and is it under extension ?  Are you married ?

I'm Vietnamese and I traveled from Vietnam to the US in November 2016. My I-20 states that I can stay in the U.S until December 2021. I'm single.
pk
Level 15
Level 15

your F-1 gives you five calendar years as Non-Resident Alien including the year you were admitted. Thus, you are Non-Resident Alien through the year 2020.  So why do you need to file ?  do you have US sourced income? Scholarships from Vietnam or from here ? or ?

I do work in my university as a tutor and I want to file my taxes. I never filed my taxes before so I need a little guidance into it. Sorry for the late reply
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies