• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heidi_yang2

I am a US citizen and working for a Chinese private company in China, how can I pay my social security tax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 9

I am a US citizen and working for a Chinese private company in China, how can I pay my social security tax?

There are no US Social Security taxes for you.

As an employee, Social Security and Medicare taxes are charged to the employer.  Because you were not performing the work in the United States, the employer is not subject to those rules.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TaxGuyBill
Level 9

Are you an employee?  Or are you an Independent Contractor?
Was any of the work performed in the United States?
heidi_yang2

Employee.
heidi_yang2

And no, all work performed in China.
TaxGuyBill
Level 9

There are no US Social Security taxes for you.

As an employee, Social Security and Medicare taxes are charged to the employer.  Because you were not performing the work in the United States, the employer is not subject to those rules.

Stryzbiak

I am applying for a job as USA sales manager for a Chinese electronics company, they currently have no one working here. How do I get paid from there and what are the issues?

Sid

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v