`

How do I input a tax adoption credit for a failed adoption? Turbo tax asks for SS number and name and obviously, with a failure, I don't have that.

I know that I am able to take the deduction as it has been one year, just can't figure out how to actually do it in the program itself.  Just need to know how to navigate turbotax for this specific item.

Here are the steps to navigate TurboTax for a failed adoption:

At the page Information About This Adopted Child, enter Unknown for the first and last name and select Continue (click on screenshot below for more detail)

On next page, select This was a failed adoption attempt (click on screenshot below for more detail)