I am working on my 2018 taxes. I did my fed and went to do state but need to go back and edit property tax amount.
To be brought back to where your property tax amount was entered:
- From within your tax return, choose the Federal tab at the top of the screen.
- Then select Deductions and Credits tab.
- Select that you will choose what you want to work on
- Then under the Your Home heading, select to Start/Edit either the Mortgage Interest section if you entered the property tax amount from a 1098 form, or the Property Tax option if you did not enter the tax amount from a 1098 form.
1) Are you using the Desktop software...or the Online software.?
2) IF Desktop.....is the value showing in the entry field a "$0" or just a "$" .?
I am using the desktop version for 2018. The amount I entered is too much and so I am trying to edit the amount. When I go to update it just asks for any additional taxes and doesn't give me the option to edit the original amount. Thanks.
If you entered property taxes as a part of your Mortgage, then they don't go in on the "Property Taxes" menu line...the go in at the Menu line above where you enter your Mortgage information.
Call Customer Support....I can't figure out what the heck you are seeing.