terripossehl

How do i enter depreciation? I was awarded the house in the divorce, apparently it hasn't been depreciated in (8?) years. I am re-doing 2019 taxes now

I just now received the 1098 for the mortgage for 2019 and 2018.  How do I know what value to enter for depreciation?

A personal residence that is not used as a rental or in a business cannot be depreciated.

If this HAS been a rental for 8 years and no depreciation has been taken  RUN to a professional tax pro to get the 2020 return completed correctly and fix the error properly.   This is not a DIY project.