alfonso1124

How do I add mileage to claim?

Where do I go to deduct mileage
RyanH2

How do I add mileage to claim?

You can use the steps below to add mileage used for a W-2 paid job. TurboTax Deluxe is needed to enter employee expenses.

Follow the instructions below to enter your mileage:

1. Select "Federal Taxes" at the top of the page

2. Select the "Deductions & Credits" sub-tab

3. Scroll down to "Employment Expenses" and select "Show More"

4. Select "Start" next to "Job Expenses for W-2 Income"

5. Select "Edit" next to your occupation(Or enter it when asked)

6. Continue forward through the screens answering the questions to enter your vehicle information and to enter mileage

Job-related Expenses

jhalleau

How do I add mileage to claim?

Hi, My wife is a travelling sales rep for a small company. She is not self employed (they issue her a standard W2), but she is not reimbursed for mileage. I am trying to figure out where we enter her mileage info. I followed the above but the only option seems to be for self employed. Is that the correct place to enter her mileage info?   

How do I add mileage to claim?

@jhalleau wrote:

The answer above was for a prior tax year and is no longer valid.

Employee business expenses, including mileage, are not deductible on a federal tax return due to the tax code changes in effect for tax years 2018 thru 2025.

ivygirl66

How do I add mileage to claim?

I work for the county and did not claim my mileage through them, can I add it to my income taxes this year?

How do I add mileage to claim?

@ivygirl66 If you are a W-2 employee you cannot deduct mileage or any other job-related expenses on your federal return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...