turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

karunagi

Hi 2021 Foreign tax credit. Below are my issues: 1. I paid $2000 FTax. No credit from TT.. 2. Form 1116 it prints only 1st page. Any help? TT Issues?

Turbo Tax(TT) seems to have issues with Foreign tax (FT) credit calculations. My taxes are same either I input Foreign taxes paid $2000 or 0. It seems TT have some issues in dealing with Foreign tax credits. The from 1116 page1 only printed, the second page is missing in the forms printed to review the calculations. Looking for help with my issues, updated desktop version as of 9/8/2022.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Hi 2021 Foreign tax credit. Below are my issues: 1. I paid $2000 FTax. No credit from TT.. 2. Form 1116 it prints only 1st page. Any help? TT Issues?

we can see your return so if the following don't help contact support. for form 1116

1) has a category been selected

2) country even if various entered

3) income from foreign sources in part 1 line 1a

4) paid or accrued checked

5) something for the date paid 

6) FTC shown in part II

7) amounts on line 7 ( if 7 is negative you get no FTC) & 8

😎 are these foreign income taxes or could they be foreign real estate taxes? 

if this is from foreign earned income have you taken the foreign earned income exclsuion.

karunagi

Hi Mike,
   I need your help in reviewing the form 1116 issues. I have a desktop version. Would you be able to help or how do I get in touch with an expert?

I followed all of your suggestions listed in your email.

Thanks 

Arun.

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

pk
Level 15
Level 15

@karunagi , Namaste ji, 

Please answer the questions / points raised by @Mike9241  --- these may point to the issue with TT .  Which country is your foreign income from, what type of income ( INT, DIV, rent ,  trust  income or what ), what is the gross  foreign income, what is approx world income , ??  From your post I am assuming that you are a US person ( citizen/GreenCard/ Resident for Tax purposes) and that the  taxes paid is on income ( passive  ).--yes?

The more info about the scenario you provide, the  more focused the help can be  -- else we will be guessing.

pk

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies