jims94vmx

Free file and form 8962

We qualify for the free file. We also use the ACA and slightly overpaid.

Because we had our health insurance through the government health marketplace we need to file form 8962.

IRS.gov shows that form 8962 is included in the available free file forms but when i complete the form TurboTax assigns a $40 fee and says i need the next filing level.   Could you tell me why i see this fee for form 8962 when its.gov mentions it as a free file form?

TerukoL

Free file and form 8962

Just to clarify, does the verbiage say the $40.00 fee is because you are filing form 8962? 

Do you have any other TurboTax fees being deducted from your tax refund? If you selected to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, there may be an additional fee for the Refund Processing Service

You can view a breakdown of your TurboTax charges by signing in to your online return. Once you have signed in and selected to continue your return, select Tools from the My Account drop-down list in the upper right corner. In the pop-up window, select My Fees to get a breakdown of your TurboTax charges.

How do I remove the Premium Services bundle

jims94vmx

Free file and form 8962

Signing in to finish now shows no charges. Not sure why it did the day before. Thanks for help