djmaggiora

FED Tax Mortgage Interest is not being properly calculated by turbo tax Need help

The mortgage interest is not automatically calculating on the fed tax side  but is on the state side.  I need help to calculate it on my own but it is very confusing because I have several mortgages on three properties.

AmyC

You may want to contact a specialist that can work through that section of the return with you. These links may help:

Can I deduct interest on a home equity loan or a HELOC?  

Can I deduct mortgage points?

I refinanced my home, what can I deduct?

How do I deduct mortgage interest if I co-owned the home?

djmaggiora

None of the answers are correct.  

ReginaM

Can you please give us a little more information on what you are dealing with?  We do not have access to your TurboTax Account here on the Community Board.  How much is your mortgage loan(s)?  Do you have more than one mortgage?  Why, what is happening to make you think that TurboTax is not calculating it correctly?