turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Earned Income Credit, need advice

Hi: The EIC hasn't been applied to my refund even though I qualify.

Since my return has been accepted I will have to file an amended version. I've never done that before... Does it involve redoing the whole tax return? Or would I just resubmit the section for the EIC? And should I wait until I get my refund on the first return before submitting the amended return?

I would be so grateful for advice: I find taxes very scary! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You would need to amend the return, you cannot just send in one section. You should wait until you get the original refund. Amended returns can take a very long time to be processed.

The EIC should be automatic as long as your income is right and you have included all dependents. I would get some help in the future. Amended returns can be very confusing, even with software.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You would need to amend the return, you cannot just send in one section. You should wait until you get the original refund. Amended returns can take a very long time to be processed.

The EIC should be automatic as long as your income is right and you have included all dependents. I would get some help in the future. Amended returns can be very confusing, even with software.

Thank you so much for following up, I really appreciate it. I do qualify... the person I spoke to at TurboTax (after I filed, unfortunately!) said there is a glitch in the software. Apparently the same thing happened last year to some people. Le sigh.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies