Do I qualify for the child care credit if my husba...

ally-beckius

Do I qualify for the child care credit if my husband and i were both working full time with our kids in daycare?

When i am trying to add the credit it says only for full time students or disabled
ColeenD3

Did you enter both of your Forms W-2 and did you make sure that they were not both credited to the same person? If one of you filed a Schedule C, any loss would affect the income on which the credit is based.

ally-beckius

Both W2s have been entered. Nobody to filed a schedule C. 

ThomasM125

One requirement to claim a child care credit is that both spouses have to work. If you have child care benefits at work, that can limit your ability to take a child care credit. It can be limited by the age of your children as well, they have to be under the age of 17.

TaxTim1

Without more specifics, it's hard to determine what the issue may be. I hope the link below helps.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/family/the-ins-and-outs-of-the-child-and-dependent-care-tax-cre....

Take a close look at the paragraph under "Care You Can Claim".

Thanks!

BillM223

"Both W2s have been entered. " - What Coleen said is that each of you has to have a W-2 or other earned income.

Unfortunately, it is all too common for taxpayers to accidentally enter both W-2s under the same taxpayer (it's a small check box on the first W-2 screen that asks you to check which spouse this W-2 belongs to). TurboTax cannot go by the name on the W-2 since this can vary.

Please double-check your W-2s.

I would delete all the W2s and re enter them paying close attention to pick the right person for each one.