efimotl

Did i do something wrong? It says my aunt will not get any property refund... What could cauase this...

Before I spend $80, ju8st wanted to see if anyone had ideas....
Carl

Are you talking about a property "tax" refund? If so, what state taxes are you dealing with? You forgot to tell us, and there's only a 1 in 50 chance we'll guess it right the first time. 🙂

efimotl

Oops... Minnesota

efimotl

Minnesota
Property Tax Statement Worksheet"

2021 Property Tax Statement
STATE COPY

This form has been approved by the Minnesota Department of Revenue for use when filing for the State of Minnesota M-1PR Property Tax Refund. Read information below on eligibility. File by August 15, 2021.

I'm using the right form, yes?

AmyC

Yes, you can prepare the M1PR with TurboTax. For full instructions see Can I file my M1PR (Minnesota Property Tax Refund) through TurboTax?

To qualify the Owner income must be less than $116,180 to qualify for a credit up to $2,840

To add it to your return:

1. Click on the State Taxes tab across the top.
  2. Continue to the Status of your state returns screen, then continue/edit/revisit the Minnesota state return (or begin and prepare if you've not already done so)
  3. Get to the Let's Check for Minnesota Nontaxable Income screen, then select Yes, I want to see if I qualify for these tax benefits.
  4. Click continue/done/no many times (unless you actually want to revisit/prepare another section) until you arrive at the Other Forms You May Need screen. Confirm the Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR) box is checked, then continue.