Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Scottryan1010
Returning Member

CTC status pending

After receiving an email from turbo tax on 4/28 that I needed to amend my taxes in order to claim the additional unemployment owed to me I went and did so. It was accepted on 4/29. I have yet to receive my additional unemployment owed to me and I did not receive the CTC regardless of the fact that I am 100% qualified to recieve it. My status continues to say pending in the portal. Why would I not get this if I received a letter weeks ago saying I was eligible?? I can’t get in touch with anyone at the Irs. I need help. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

CTC status pending

First the notice did not say you HAD to amend in fact it said the opposite ... it said you MAY  need to amend  IF  you would be qualified for a credit not already on the original return or if your state required it.   Also you should never amend a return until the original return has been fully processed.  That said there is nothing you can do now but wait for the IRS to finally process your original return and amended return ... there is no way for anyone  to speed up the process that is in motion. 

Scottryan1010
Returning Member

CTC status pending

Actually YOU are wrong. It did in fact say I needed to amend and I did in fact already recieve my original refund so my original taxes were already processed 

CTC status pending

Good you waited properly to amend  however  amended returns are taking  4 to 6 months or longer to process and there is nothing you can do to speed it up.  

CTC status pending

From the TT FAQ which was reflected in the email ...  

The bill makes the first $10,200 of federal unemployment income ($20,400 for married filing jointly) tax-free for households with income less than $150,000. The legislation excludes only 2020 federal unemployment benefits from taxes, not unemployment income received in 2021.

• If you have not filed your 2020 tax return, yet, TurboTax is up to date with the new law and will guide you on how to claim these additional unemployment benefits on your tax return. 
  • If you already filed your 2020 tax return, you do not need to do anything to get these additional unemployment benefits. The IRS announced that they will automatically adjust your return and send any additional refund amount directly to you. However, some people may now be newly eligible for additional deductions and credits not already included on the original tax return. In these cases, you will likely want to amend your return to claim these additional dollars. Additional information on this is below.

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/am-i-eligible-for-the-new-unemployment-income-relief-49427...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies