turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can not efile since TT can not verify a foreign phone number. Filing from the netherlands.

Do not have phone in US anymore
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Can not efile since TT can not verify a foreign phone number. Filing from the netherlands.

A phone number is not entered on a tax return so you can enter any phone number you want with a US area code.  For example 202-222-2222

This is not the problem. During efile process, TT asks to verify my phone number with text or call a code request. I no longer have an active US number and TT will not call my Dutch cell or home phone number.  Tried to deactivate two factor validation in My Account but this cant be done. So basically cant get past this step to efile.  Return is due tomorrow and have been dealing with this since yesterday... with no progress whatsoever....have not been able to talk to a human via the intuit [phone number removed] number...and my credit card has been charged for TT Premier by Intuit but my return is NOT filed!

@hankbarn1 TurboTax support cannot call back to a non-US phone number. 

If you can call a US toll free phone number then use the TurboTax support contact website, describe the problem and you will receive a toll free phone number and an incident number.  Otherwise message TurboTax support using their web pages. 

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

On principle i dont do Twitter or Facebook. I get a spinning blue circle when i type in the question and when i fill in the phone contact form, it will not accept a foreign phone number so i put in my 12 years dead US cell number which i can not access...Any more suggestions?

If you  cannot/will not avail yourself of the methods to reach TT support then you will not be able to get support.   That leaves you with printing, signing and mailing your tax return if you are unable to e-file.  The fee for using TurboTax is the same whether you e-file or mail the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I shouldn’t have to create a Twitter or Facebook account to access your service, and the other 2 methods, typing in a question or calling your 1800 number do not work---that is not my fault that is yours.  

By the way, I have been a TT customer since 1994, that is 26 years but this will be my last. 

Do you recommend HR Block or myexpattaxes.com?

G&GR

Did you already try this:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/how-do-i-enable-or-disable-the-two-step-verification...

If you already tried following these steps then using the ways to contact TT support are all we can recommend.  We are not TT employees.   We are volunteers in the user forum.  I personally stay away from Facebook and Twitter too, but that might be your only way to get TT support if you are unable to call them.  Sorry.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yes, there is no option there for me to cancel. I dont understand why this is so difficult? None of your solutions work and now my return will be mailed at least a day late.  This is on TurboTax, not me. I remind you that the return is finished and was ready to two days ago but it has lingered and will now be mailed after the deadline---

If you are getting a refund or do not owe there is no penalty for filing after the deadline.   You have three years to file under those circumstances.   If you get it postmarked by midnight tonight, October 15, it will not be late for the IRS even if you owe.   And, if you owe, you could go ahead and pay directly on the IRS site now so the payment will not be late.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies