Solved: Can I add micro-needling procedure costs for acne ...

emtaxes555

Can I add micro-needling procedure costs for acne scarring under medical expenses deduction?

I have spent about $2,000 on micro-needling procedures for deep acne scarring from my highschool days done at a medical facility and I suppose it could be considered cosmetic but it is also to help with my mental health (confidence!).

Vanessa3

No, unfortunately, this is a cosmetic procedure and is not deductible.  The mental health argument (confidence) does not rise to the level of medically necessary to take a tax deduction for micro-needling.

Vanessa3

emtaxes555

Okiedokie figured it was worth a try looking into. thanks for the info! 🙂