Solved: Can I add micro-needling procedure costs for acne ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emtaxes555

Can I add micro-needling procedure costs for acne scarring under medical expenses deduction?

I have spent about $2,000 on micro-needling procedures for deep acne scarring from my highschool days done at a medical facility and I suppose it could be considered cosmetic but it is also to help with my mental health (confidence!).
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Vanessa3
Expert Alumni

Can I add micro-needling procedure costs for acne scarring under medical expenses deduction?

No, unfortunately, this is a cosmetic procedure and is not deductible.  The mental health argument (confidence) does not rise to the level of medically necessary to take a tax deduction for micro-needling.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vanessa3
Expert Alumni

No, unfortunately, this is a cosmetic procedure and is not deductible.  The mental health argument (confidence) does not rise to the level of medically necessary to take a tax deduction for micro-needling.

View solution in original post

emtaxes555

Okiedokie figured it was worth a try looking into. thanks for the info! 🙂 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings