Solved: Are you sure you have that much in deductions? Rem...

Get the latest tax filing updates.

I qualify to itemize deduction. Why isn't turbo tax add the mortgage interest amount to my itemized deduction amount?

As my total deductions are greater than $25,000, I qualify to use itemized deduction.  I have put in approximately $4000 as mortgage interest but the software does not add this amount to the itemized deduction total.   Note that the $4000 does correctly show in the "your 2018 deduction & Credit page" in the section Your Home. Help!!

If you are using the desktop version, you can view your Schedule A: Itemized Deductions even if you are taking the Standard Deduction currently.

1.) In the upper right-hand corner, click Forms

2.) On the left-hand side, click Open Form

3.) In the search bar the pops up, type Schedule A 

You will then be able to see exactly what has been entered, where the limitations are, and which areas you might need to revisit and update if any. 

Are you sure you have that much in deductions? Remember that your state and local taxes are capped at $10,000 this year. You can not deduct above that amount for state income tax, property tax, real estate tax, etc.

and Medical is subject to a 7.5% of AGI floor.  Charitable is also limited to a certain percent of AGI.