jck5658

Adoptive child worksheet

It's asking me to fill out the adoptive child worksheet but I do not have am adopted child at all. Why is it asking this and how to I get rid of it?

Adoptive child worksheet

Click on My Info on the left side of the screen.  Make sure that there is not a dependent entered.  If there is, delete the dependent by clicking on the trash can icon.

See if there is a Form 8839, Qualified Adoption Expenses, included with your tax return.  If Form 8839 is listed then delete the form.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

Adoptive child worksheet

You probably answered something incorrectly in My Info.  Go back through your entries in My Info and find the mistake.