Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

VRD
Returning Member

2021 Form 1116 Schedule B (carryovers) can't efile

Today is 3/3/2022, but Turbo Tax has not updated Form 1116 Schedule B. 

Correct.  1116 itself is available.  But 1116 Sch B has a separate entry on the list, which reads 3/31/22 for paper file, and "unsupported" for efile.

@VRD wrote:

Today is 3/3/2022, but Turbo Tax has not updated Form 1116 Schedule B. 

Form 1116 Schedule B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation Schedule for tax year 2021 is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 03/31/2022.  It is a print only form and not available for e-filing.

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Add me to the list of people totally screwed by this. Now I can't e-file. Because I have some $45 foreign tax credit nonsense. I'm going to your competitors. Thanks for wasting my time turbotax. 

So I either give up $400 CREDIT or do a snail mail file in a return to IRS which hasn't even got 2020 mailed returns entered yet? Is there no way around this?

Does anyone know if you can e-file a tax return using H&R Block download tax app that contains Form 1116 Schedule B?

Since it’s now March 3rd can someone from TurboTax please respond to this thread and let us know if Form 1116 will be available for E-File before April 18th? The TurboTax website used to say that Form 1116 would be available for E-File on 3-3-22 but it now says unsupported for E-File. I would like to know if ’Unsupported’ fir this tax year is Turbo Tax’s final conclusion.

Does anyone know if the IRS will accept the 1116 Schedule B electronically.

If so, the form itself looks similar to the TT Form 1116 Statement of previous years so why can't TT develp that form electronically if they can do it for printed and mailed returns?

Adalmaneric, to be clear, Form 1116 IS supported by TurboTax, both electronically and via mail.  It's the new Form 1116 Schedule B (which is needed for carryforwards/carrybacks) that will only be available via mail on 3/31/22 and is not supported electronically.  Unfortunately, most people who need 1116 also need 1116 Schedule B so this is kind of a moot point.

Also, regarding Form 1116 availability, if we can’t file our federal return electronically does this also mean that we can’t file our state return electronically? I file a Colorado state return. 

I’ve been really pleased with TurboTax but this form 1116 issue is very disappointing. 

Please take to Twitter; include all three below in showing your dissatisfaction. I have been told the issue has been escalated but we need to keep pounding on them. 

@TeamTurboTax

@Intuit

@sasan_goodarzi

Just talked with their support. They promise it to be resolved in the next 24-28 hours. Let's see...

I just requested a refund...If everybody does that maybe they will notice and have their tech team actually add the feature for e-file like the other companies that offer it for a lower price to file, including TaxAct and OLT

Tinkle

eFiling will not be allowed for returns using Form 1116, Schedule B per this link.  It indicates that Schedule be will be available 3/31/22 but not available for eFiling.  IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.

The answer is "no".  I tried to e-file (ignoring the missing F1116 Sch B) to see if it would let the State return through and it is blocked.  My guess is that because the State returns are based off the Federal return, if you cannot file your Federal return electronically, you cannot file the State return electronically either.   

Let's hope that alexandeributenk's post (March 3, 2022 11:11 AM) comes to fruition and TT makes a quick resolution to this annoyance.  Otherwise, I would join in the chorus of those seeking a refund for an incomplete /defective product. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies