Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095a? IRS sending my refund back Rejected??

So I've had an issue with the IRS asking for a 1095a in the past few years, but this one takes the cake.
They keep rejecting my return and asking me to submit a 1095a form to fix the return. I've never received a 1095a, because I have insurance through my employer. So I get and 1095c.
I've tried just about everything I could find online to solve my issue, and nothing is working.
Could the site update or something so I can fully answer the question that I will not be receiving a 1095a. Instead of it asking me if I received it yet?? Or can I get some clarification on how to fix this issue?

Cause I am not getting one....

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

There was an update with available information on Error Code F8962-070  today.  The IRS is rejecting returns with this code because they believe you or someone on your return had insurance through the marketplace. Since you did have insurance through the marketplace in 2019, you  may still just be on their list.

You can try to enter $1 for the 1095.  This will not affect anything on your return, but having the form there may get the IRS to accept your return.  To do this take the following steps:

• Click Deductions and Credits
  • Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More
  • Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA
  • As you walk through the questions, you will be asked if you received a 1095-A.  If you did NOT, click YES.
  • Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.
  • Enter $1 for January monthly premium amount and SLCSP
  • Walk through to the end and submit your return. 

Let me know if this works.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

138 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

You have to tell TurboTax that you did not receive a 1095-A.

Type 1095-a in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to 1095-a." That should take you back to the screen that asks whether you received a 1095-A, and you can answer No.

I've done that... And nothing happens. Still rejects it

Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

"Error message F8962-006-01 is a code from the IRS to explain the rejection. It does refer to Form 8962, which reconciles the Advanced Premium Tax Credit from your Form 1095-A. 

Our information for this code is "This return cannot be electronically filed at this time due to a processing error that will be corrected on February 3, 2022. On, or after February 3, 2022, open the rejected return, review it for errors, and resubmit the return for electronic filing."

The IRS just began accepting e-filed returns on Jan 24th and this early in the season it is not uncommon for there to be updates.  Please review the 1095-A area in your return, after February 3rd, when the updates should be in place. Then, refile and it should be accepted." F8962-006-01 Error Code

Finally some clarification on what's going on . I'm so upset . I have been rejected 5 times . I have reentered over and over.  I even paid 209.00 for the upgrade for the online assistant and no help . I have used turbo tax for the past 3 years and I'm angry . Not what I was expecting since every year it's been so easy . 

Same I did it over and over made sure it was correct and I even spoke to the irs and the healthcare people both confirmed everything is correct that it is a turbo tax issue stated there program is not fully set up for it to accept a 0 idk 

Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax does not accept or reject any returns.  We simply transmit them for the IRS to accept or reject.  If your return was rejected, it is rejected by the IRS, not TurboTax. 

If there is an error in TurboTax, you usually will not be able to transmit the returns.  In previous years, if you would have attempted to submit a $0 return, TurboTax would have given you an error and told you it could not be transmitted.  You would have then been told that you need to print and mail your return because it could not be sent to the IRS. This was because in past years, the IRS did not want $0 returns. This has been updated for 2021 tax year. 

Once your return is submitted, transmitted and reaches the IRS, TurboTax has no say in what happens next.  That is all on the IRS to accept or reject your return.  If they reject it, it comes back through TurboTax with a reason the IRS will not accept it.  If it is accepted, the keep it and process it.  We get no further information on it after it is accepted. 

Actually I have spoken to someone in your department as well who explained that the reason it is saying processing error unable to refile till February 3rd is because it’s on you guys end so either all the reps on turbo tax are lying or you don’t know what you are talking about but we shall see on the 3rd 

I'm going to wait a few more days to resubmit and hope for the best.
But, as of the 3rd it is still rejecting it.

Omg SAME. it keeps rejecting mine as well stating that i'm missing a 1095A form, when  i've received insurance through my employer all year long. i've checked the "no, i do not have a 1095A form" & i still get rejected! 

I DID MINE AT MIDNIGHT SND FINALLY IT WAS APPROVED!!!

It's driving me nuts... Really don't want to file by mail. Cause it takes forever.

I also just received my 1095-C today lol 
This is so dumb.... I don't have 1095-A ugh

Same thing has been happening to me. I filed again today and nothing. TurboTax also told me if I keep getting rejected it won't let me and I'll have to mail it in. I'm so furious. I'm thinking I'll try again Monday and hope for the best. Still would like to see if any of your guys get accepted. I do not want to mail mine either....

Yes, turbotax rep told me the same; if i keep getting rejected, i'll have to file by mail & i refuse to do that. i feel like it's a system bug or something, b/c i have literally tried everything & nothing works!

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

@Blackjackronin@magnusautumn  

There was an update with available information on Error Code F8962-070  today.  The IRS is rejecting returns with this code because they believe you or someone on your return had insurance through the marketplace. Since you did have insurance through the marketplace in 2019, you  may still just be on their list.

You can try to enter $1 for the 1095.  This will not affect anything on your return, but having the form there may get the IRS to accept your return.  To do this take the following steps: 

• Click Deductions and Credits
  • Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More
  • Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA
  • As you walk through the questions, you will be asked if you received a 1095-A.  If you did NOT, click YES.
  • Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.
  • Enter $1 for January monthly premium amount and SLCSP
  • Walk through to the end and submit your return. 

Let me know if this works.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies