Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Virginia State Return in loop: "We Need to Make One More Check"

As previously posted on page 1 of this forum:

Here is the fix.  Create the 502A (incorrectly I know).  Then go to the VIEW menu, select FORMS.  On the left side go down to the 502A form (not the 502 form), and DELETE this form.  Then go back to VIEW, select STEP-by-STEP, and go through the efiling process again.

On page 1 of this forum

Thank you!  This worked for me while trying to file my VA 2022 form.  I was getting the loop message; so I clicked on Forms button, added 502A, then clicked Delete Forms button, went back to Step by Step, this time the efile transmission worked.  Thank you, that saved me a long phone call with TurboTax.

Thank you SO much!  This has been bugging me for months, obviously - wish I had found it earlier, as it would have saved me so much stress!  Anyway, it's done, and I appreciate all those great people who share their knowledge with those of us who are not accountants!  Bless you!

This is the best answer that even turbo tax support doesn't know. Just to extend the help. I clicked the forms icon on the top blue title bar, and it opens the whole return with all the forms listed. Selecting 502A takes you to 502A form and then there is an option to delete at the bottom. Close the form option and then you redo the efile process

I'm having the same problem this year - never had it before.  Creating and deleting form 502A doesn't seem to help

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question? What exactly is happening?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies