Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Virginia State Return in loop: "We Need to Make One More Check"

I'm attempting to eFile my Virginia taxes using Business 2020.  When I go to submit, I get "We Need to Make One More Check".  It says "Everything looks great on your return... But before you e-file, we need a little more information we didn't need earlier" then has me review.

The only thing that comes up is Schedule 502A: Section A Box Set: applicable box must be checked.

However, nothing is applicable to my business.  So I leave "No entry" selected and keep hitting Continue and then I get to "Transmit Returns Now" only to be sent back to the "We Need to Make One More Check" screen in an endless loop.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
mikeontt
Returning Member

Here is the fix.  Create the 502A (incorrectly I know).  Then go to the VIEW menu, select FORMS.  On the left side go down to the 502A form (not the 502 form), and DELETE this form.  Then go back to VIEW, select STEP-by-STEP, and go through the efiling process again.

View solution in original post

51 Replies
mikeontt
Returning Member

Yes, I have the exact same thing.  Intuit needs to answer and fix because VA requires efile and the software is blocking efile due to this bug.  There is no use overide (file anyway) option that I can find. 

It is the same with California.  I would like to be able to file my taxes!  Although it doesn't tell me to fix anything or click anything.  It just kicks me back to the same previous screen.  It sucks we are having this issue, but I am glad it was not something I did. 

mikeontt
Returning Member

Here is the fix.  Create the 502A (incorrectly I know).  Then go to the VIEW menu, select FORMS.  On the left side go down to the 502A form (not the 502 form), and DELETE this form.  Then go back to VIEW, select STEP-by-STEP, and go through the efiling process again.

Thanks, mikeontt, that worked for me.  Thanks for the tip.

I have the same problem with Va State S-Corp tax filing and will try the fix... thanks.

Wray12312

I followed the advice to delete form 502A but get error message that it cannot be deleted.

What am i missing?

mshello
Returning Member

Yes this totally works I just did it. Create the 502A then delete it. Then the transmission of the VA Business will go. Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!!

I am still having problems with my Va  state corporate tax return.  Even after I delete the 502A form, the 502 form says it's not completed, and a review creates another Form 502A.

I don't know why the Va form wants to apportion or allocate my income.  What is triggering this entry for the Form 502m Line 6 and 7?

This is really getting frustrating.

The entry should read Form 502A, Line 6 and 7.

I still can not e-File my Va S-Corp taxes.  Deleting the Form 502A does not allow the Turbo Tax to transmit the forms.  Now the program comes back and the end of the Review and says:  Everything looks great.... But before you e-file, we need a little more information that we didn't need earlier".

This takes me back to the worksheet, and wants to create another Form 502A.

There must be some way to bypass the Turbo tax  Flags and just e-File my taxes with Va state.

I've used Turbo Tax for 16 years, but I'll call Va on Monday to ask how I can e-File other than using Turbo Tax.

Many thanks - this worked!

Hold the phone.... it finally worked.

I was able to transmit the Va state corp. tax forms, after creating another Form 502A, then deleting it, and going back to the step-by-step flow.  I think my problem was, that I was deleting the  502A which was auto generated.  Not the 502A which I needed to manually generate, then delete.

Fantastic !

hr18

Worked like a charm... thank you!

sbanerjee

Thank you for your solution. It took me about 3 hours to find this posting but your solution finally worked and I was able to e-file my VA return.

TT needs to make searches better. It was always bad and every year I keep hoping it would get better.

Anyway, thank you.

Soumitra

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies