Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Robert112

Utah TC-675R Mineral production

Full year resident of Minnesota. Received mineral production income with Utah tax withheld.  Do not have a federal tax form, with no fed tax reheld.  Where do I input this is Turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

The mineral production income is entered as royalty income. To enter in TurboTax, click the "magnifying glass Search" icon on the top row and enter "royalties".  When you hit return/enter, you should see a "Jump to royalties" link.  Click that "Jump to royalties" and you will be at the starting point for entering royalty income.  Follow the interview question to enter the mineral production income reported to you. 

When you click Continue, you'll get a screen for your Depletion deduction.  You are allowed a 15% deduction for depletion.

The Utah state taxes withheld can be entered at Federal>>Deductions & Credits>>Estimates and Other Taxes Paid>>Income Taxes Paid>>Other Income Taxes Paid in 2019>>State Withholdings.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi- Thanks for the guidance. I have entered my Utah wihodling taxes from box 16 on the 1099-MISC and looks like it is calculated on my tax/refund summery on the top left of the screen correctly. My questions is: Do I need to also enter the wiholding amounts on my Utah State reutrn from my TC-675R? The State program is asking me to enter this information fromTC-675R, but when I enter that, it adds it to the state return again (doble dipping)?

What happens if I don't file the TC-675R with my State return?

Would apprecite your help.

I am not getting the depletion after hitting continue in Royalties.

Do I need to upgrade my turbo?

I am having this problem too, where I have the 1099misc and the TC675 that seem to be the same information and entering both causes errors. Anyone know what is correct to use? 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You will use both. You will report the 1099-MISC in the federal section of the return. For the TC675, you will report this in the Utah state section. After the credits, you will see a screen that says Utah Tax Withholding. There will be a box on this screen that you can check to indicate that you received a TC-675R

I have the same question about double dipping by putting in the state tax on our 1099 misc and then again on our TC-675 R  

Did you receive the answer?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@brkirchh1 You are commenting on an old thread. Have you reviewed the answer provided above by @DaveF1006 ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies