Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax incorrect calculation of line 23 of Schedule H for any filers reside in California, Connecticut, Illinois, New York (credit reduction state).

For anyone who is filing schedule H in California, Connecticut, Illinois, New York in 2022, Turbo tax will not calculate your line 23 correctly because it won't apply the 0.003 factor.  This will result in owing tax and risk in audit.  there is another post detailing the issue but Turbo tax is not fixing it after it was raised a month ago.  Read page 12 of the schedule H instruction here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040sh.pdf.  TT will not apply the change in this worksheet on its online version.  The reason, my best guess, is that TT is using a dated list of credit reduction state (which only contain VI in 2020).
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
maglib
Level 11

TurboTax incorrect calculation of line 23 of Schedule H for any filers reside in California, Connecticut, Illinois, New York (credit reduction state).

@kzabc 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-forms/what-is-schedule-h-household-employment-taxes/L7X...

Your tax return must include Schedule H only if you pay any single employee at least $2,400 in the 2022 tax year, or cash wages to all household employees totaling $1,000 or more during any three-month calendar quarter during either the current or previous tax year. Although you're not required to withhold federal income tax from a household employee's wages, you must file Schedule H if you do withhold tax for an employee who requests it.

Did you read this?

I don't have access but, please confirm that you read that link in full and still don't believe it's working and I will try to get you assistance.

Did you contact TT support? https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/contact-turbotax/L2y9...

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.

thanks for the heads up...

I just tried to file my taxes both the Fed and CA got rejected.  any update on this issue?   here is the message i got:

FED - There is an issue related to Schedule H, Household Employee Taxes.  A Software update to resolve this problem is scheduled for release on April 7, 2023.  

CA - no message

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

You are correct.  There should have been a TurboTax update on or about 4/7/2023 that would have corrected your experience to include the .3% credit reduction for Credit Reduction States' household employers.   Go back through the "Household Employer" topic in the "Other Tax Situations" section and verify/re-enter as needed.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

3rd is a charm.  resubmitted again last night and it went thru (accepted)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies