rrosalinda

Turbo Tax Software Update for Califiornia 2020 (filing in 2021). Can not e-file California unless software is updated. Federal e-filed & accepted.

@ transmission of my  tax year 2020 California e-file, it says "FAILED_VALIDATION"  There is an update available for your version of Turbo Tax. Before you can file electronically, you'll need to get the update. To do this, go to the Online menu and select  Check for Updates."

I have checked the Online menu several times. Every time, it says : "Your  software is up to date."  Every time, I

tried transmitting my 2020 California returns, BUT I always get the same "FAILED_VALIDATION" feedback.  I have tried several Turbo Tax Support BUT it seems I am not going anywhere for almost 02 months now.  I tried

mailing it, but it says "...because some of the forms haven't been finalized yet." (refer to Form Selection page when trying to print.)

Calling TURBO TAX for HELP!  THANK YOU!

macuser_22

Are you using windows or Mac ?

rrosalinda

using Windows

Don't know if this will help with the update problem......but 

If you efiled federal first, you can't efile state until after Federal is Accepted. And you might have to update the federal Efile status first.

For the Desktop program you have to check the filing status inside the program. Open your return and go up to menu item File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

Then save your return with the status. Go to File-Save.

If you can’t update your Windows program try doing a Manually update
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-... 

timmycor

I AM HAVING THIS SAME ISSUE WITH MY MAC - ONLINE TURBO TAX

FAILED_VALIDATION

LindseyLO

Troubleshooting assistance with getting your software successfully updated has been provided by clicking here