turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I worked in TN but lived in MS. I am unable to use get pass this question because my address is MS: Is the mailing address on your federal tax return the same as your TN?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I worked in TN but lived in MS. I am unable to use get pass this question because my address is MS: Is the mailing address on your federal tax return the same as your TN?

If you just have wages from  TN then you do not file a TN return ...  delete the unwanted state return.  And next time in the My Info section do NOT say you have income from another state so the TN interview is not presented. 

TN  only taxes investment income from stocks and bonds (at a flat rate of 5%). If you have investment income from stocks and bonds (described in detail in the "TN Income Tax" section), you may have to file a Tennessee tax return for that income. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you just have wages from  TN then you do not file a TN return ...  delete the unwanted state return.  And next time in the My Info section do NOT say you have income from another state so the TN interview is not presented. 

TN  only taxes investment income from stocks and bonds (at a flat rate of 5%). If you have investment income from stocks and bonds (described in detail in the "TN Income Tax" section), you may have to file a Tennessee tax return for that income. 

Thank you so much!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies