turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sigmaengr

SC solar panel credit not showing up ?

I purchased solar panels for my South Carolina home in 2016.  I see the credit in the federal forms, but not the SC state forms.  How do i receive the SC credits?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When going through the South Carolina Interview, you'll come to a screen titled "Take a look at South Carolina credits and taxes".   There is a line under Other credits for "South Carolina Other Non-refundable Credits",   Go through that section, you'll come to a listing of credits from S - W, you'll find the Solar Energy Credit here.  Check that box and continue through the section to enter the needed information. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tvbl

The TurboTax page to apply this credit states:  "NOTE:  You must attach form SC SCH TC-38".  How do you attach this pdf to an electronic return?

When going through the South Carolina Interview, you'll come to a screen titled "Take a look at South Carolina credits and taxes".   There is a line under Other credits for "South Carolina Other Non-refundable Credits",   Go through that section, you'll come to a listing of credits from S - W, you'll find the Solar Energy Credit here.  Check that box and continue through the section to enter the needed information. 

djampole56
Returning Member

THis answer gives the answer of where to enter the credit, but not how to calculate it other than manually using the form noted when you follow these instructions.  Also it does not answer the question of how to attach the form, as required, if you are filing electronically.  How can one accomplish both of these?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies