Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Zach366

WV state return rejected: If Schedule M Line 37 contains a value, then PrepaidTuition.pdf is a required attachment. I see no way to attach my annual statement?

Is turbo tax going to fix this?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

WV state return rejected: If Schedule M Line 37 contains a value, then PrepaidTuition.pdf is a required attachment. I see no way to attach my annual statement?

Yes, this issue is occurring because West Virginia requires attachments to document your 529 account entries. You can't attach those documents in TurboTax and there is no plan for that to change in the near future.

Please print, sign and mail in your West Virginia return with the required attachments. This is to switch your return to mail:

1. Sign in to your account.
  2. Click  Fix my return to open it.
  3. Select File on the left side. 
  4. When you get to Here are your e-filing options, select Change to the right of your West Virginia return.
  5. On the next screen select File by mail.
  6. Continue and follow the prompts to print your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have encountered the exact same problem.  The first message I received said to update on or after 02/10/23, and re-file.  There was an update that downloaded on 02/10, but it did not address this problem.  I re-filed, and it was rejected by WV again.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Mail your West Virginia return. West Virginia says the annual statement must be submitted to support this deduction. If the annual statement is not submitted the credit will be denied.

We suggest sending your return by certified mail with proof of delivery.

How do I switch from "E-file" to "File by mail" in TurboTax Online?

See IT-140 West Virginia Personal Income Tax Return Forms and Instruction Booklet.

@sah57 

I paid the $25 to efile my WV return. It was rejected within an hour because Sched M Line 37 lacked the required attachment.  People are now saying that I have to postal mail my return... will T.T. refund my $25 ?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support to discuss your options. Use the keywords billing issues so you get to the right person. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@Jim Corey 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies