Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

WI return BOTH accepted AND pending

We filed our LLC business return on our about 3/8/2022, both Fed and WI state returns.  When it went to file the state return, there were a couple of fields that needed filling in (date/signature stuff - why the heck it didn't validate that during the check returns stage instead of waiting for the filing stage is beyond me).  After we fixed those things, the returns transmitted, both fed and state.  By 3/9 the fed was accepted, along with the confirmation email, but state was pending (not a surprise).  But then on 3/10, the state return said accepted (and confirmation email appeared) but there is ALSO a SECOND state return entry that says pending.)  We only ever transmitted it once.  The overall status when you first go to open the return also says accepted.  What the heck?  I am presuming all is good, but this doesn't inspire confidence.  JRJ

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You can double-check your e-filing status at the link here to ensure you only completed one filing.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That link takes me to a signon page, and when I sign on there it seems to be starting an online tax return.   (In fact, if I enter the URL provided even after signing on, it takes me back to the signon page again).  Note that the return was filed using Turbo Tax Business, Desktop (not online web site).   

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

The same thing happens if I just go to  /tax-tools/ and then select "After You File" and then check e-file status, so I am guessing that your advice applies only to those who used the online website to do their return.

JRJ

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

You can only submit a return once, if for some reason it is sent twice, one will be rejected. You can check your status by using the link below, or signing back in to the software. I also recommend you check the status with your state. 

How do I check my e-file status?

Annnnnd this reply mostly misses the mark as well.  I only actually submitted the return once, and yet it shows as *** BOTH *** Pending AND Accepted.  (Before it was accepted, it only showed ONE PENDING.

This has gotta be a bug of some sort.

The suggestion to check with our taxing agency does make sense.

JRJ

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance.  Support will be able to review your account and confirm the e-file status of your submitted returns.  

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax help article to contact Customer Support: What is the TurboTax phone number?

Nah.  I just contacted the WI tax authority (Dept. of Revenue).  Yes, they have the return, so this seems to be YATTB - yet another TT bug.

JRJ

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies