turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

why not elgible for ILL state electronic filing

I tried to submit ILL state tax but got the following error: not eligible for ILL state electronic filing.

it seems about: returns with a valuation limitation amount on schedule M are ineligible to efile.

any one can help me to eliminate the error?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Does it give you a specific line number of the error? 

Please provide a bit more specific information so we can assist you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

thanks your request, it didn't say any thing. myself review Fed tax can't find anything wrong. but when I reviewed IL state tax then found :

the state tax form IL-1040 line 3 other additions. Attach schedule M which didn't have any data either.

so no idea how to fix it at all.

however I manually calculated found out :

Resident net income L9-L10  $10624  IL-1040 L11

but turbo tax showed $10574  ie $50 less

I hope it answear your inquired.

ps I also found Schedule ICR (ILL credit) that  L3 is empty L5 is $290 but L6 (L5-L3) became $233

ILL tax due date is July 15, and the error message we received did say the only way is by mailing.

my question is "I can't change data and not sure my data is correct or not". in this case if we mail will get trouble and penalty? 

ps in the meanwhile we had very bad experiences that we did  mail and request the post office stamp "the date" to prove we mailed before the due date. that year we got late penalty notice and even i tried to dispute and request to show the envelop with date stamp, they declared won't keep the envelope. so we forced to pay quite high penalty.

will pay extra register mail help? we did pay register-mail but had no confidence so we use e-file.

recently found out the register mail can't offer trace function any more(i mailed to my brother in taiwan in june 22 and it over 10 days still not received so trace on line but failed, fortunately july 5 he received. last time in taiwan registered mail to usa in the end returned back to taiwan that period time can be traced and they found out my mail got very long wrong trips in ILL different cities, and we can't get registered stamps money back.)

thanks your request, it didn't say any thing. myself review Fed tax can't find anything wrong. but when I reviewed IL state tax then found :

the state tax form IL-1040 line 3 other additions. Attach schedule M which didn't have any data either.

so no idea how to fix it at all.

however I manually calculated found out :

Resident net income L9-L10  $10624  IL-1040 L11

but turbo tax showed $10574  ie $50 less

I hope it answear your inquired.

ps I also found Schedule ICR (ILL credit) that  L3 is empty L5 is $290 but L6 (L5-L3) became $233

no one response ?

my spouse told me couple days earlier before we tried formal efile the state tax, that didn't show any errors. the problem happens caused by the updated version?

my question is except we can post our problem for help, any other way that turbo tax can offer some kind service ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies