turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sarai300

Why cant i finish my taxes, form 3805P,TP?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

California Form CA 3805P is not available yet in either TurboTax Online or Desktop/CD. We anticipate the form will be ready around January 28.

There is a sign up link on the screen We’ll Help You Finish Your Taxes Soon. Sign up and we'll send an email alert to tell you when Form CA 3805P will be ready.

You can also check for the latest updates at State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I thought that the form 3805P will be available on January 28th.  It is still showing that it is not available yet is there a time frame on when this form will be available

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Form 3805P will be available on February 9th.

Check here for forms availability.

@3805P 

It's February 9th and still no form, kind of upsetting that this isn't available!!!!!!

WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE???

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on State forms availability for personal use.

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.
State forms availability table for TurboTax Business.

My form still states ready soon, even though the form comes up but I am unable to e-file since it shows a error and it's properly filled out as far as I know.

My form still says the same thing. This is very frustrating and I am not sure if I will be using Turbo Tax again!

I just got an answer to this question on a different comment. I will post this for anyone else needing it.

Question: I have a form that I have filled out, but its states the form is not ready. Do I need to wait for my form to get verified or is there something wrong with my form?

Answer: Yes. Wait for TurboTax to get the forms approved by either the IRS or your state. There should be nothing wrong with how you completed the form. However, if the form is not ready, TurboTax won’t do a full error check on that form.

It’s possible, you may have to check a box or do something when the form is ready to file.

Forms usually don’t change much from year to year — and TurboTax works off advance copies provided by the IRS and states so the “back office” stuff is usually working correctly in the background.

@Mntnman6600 

ok on the link for state forms availability it says that for 3805P is available to efile, but it is still showing on turbo tax that it is not.  Can you please explain that to me I am so frustrated 

This is ridiculous! I have been waiting for 5 days for this form. Turbo Tax has stated several times the form would be available on 2/9/23 and here we are with no form available. I have already e filed and received my federal tax return. So disappointed in Turbo Tax for not jumping ahead and handling this before people filed their taxes. Turbo Tax most likely lost a long time customer.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

When your state or the IRS have the forms available for publishing they will release them. It is not Turbo Tax that releases forms needed for a return. 

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on forms availability.
State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.
Why does DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL appear on my printouts?
State forms availability table for TurboTax Business.

Federal Individual Form Availability
IRS forms availability table for TurboTax Business

the link you sent says that California form 3805 is available, why is it not available on Turbo tax yet????

You should read the links you give us before answering the questions.

It is still not working on turbo tax!!!

From your Turbo Tax chat linked to the program, it was stated Turbo Tax is responsible for creating the form and having the IRS approve it. Turbo Tax did not do this in a timely manner and now customers are suffering! I see you have answered multiple messages on this thread but you have not addressed why there was a date given of 2/9/23 for the form to be released and now it is 2/10/23 with no form. Or is Turbo Tax’s official response simply it’s the IRS’ fault and we are stuck waiting?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies